Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Summer Playlist

Happy Fourth of July Everybody!!!

Looking back, I realized that the 4th of July is actually a pretty significant holiday in my adult life.  I mean, in my head I think it should be a lazy holiday filled with just barbecues and fireworks, but there's been a lot of stuff that has happened around this holiday.  This includes: attending the wedding of my ex-boyfriend's dad (yeah - I am that girl who the family will always go "whatever happened to her?" when they dig out the wedding photos); multiple summers face-painting at the local Independence Day festival; my late boyfriend helped me move me into my current apartment (and I actually got prove to him my ability to problem solve by getting my futon in the door through one piece instead of taking it apart like he wanted to do); bonding with my mom on the Issac H. Evans windjammer cruise (best vacation EVAH!!!  Seriously, if you like boats you gotta check out the Evans); and to top it all off I spent last year on painkillers for my broken ankle.

So as I mentioned in a previous post, I started jogging after the broken ankle in order to make it stronger.  One thing that I have found out is that I am someone who really needs music out on my runs.  I know a lot of people discourage it due to safety concerns, but you just have to compensate by being more vigilant visually.  I just think that the music helps me set a pace both with my feet and with my breath.  This is especially important with my breathing seeing as I am an asthmatic (this is also why I don't like running in groups because while some people want you to tell your whole life story while you are trying your best just to breath).  I try to rotate my song lists every once in awhile so I thought I would post what my current summer running playlist includes.  Here we go...

The Sassy Strutter's Summer Running Playlist (no particular order):
  1. I Love It by Icona Pop (although I am using the Glee version...yes, I watch Glee)
  2. Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke (don't care about the naughtiness, it has a sick beat)
  3. 212 by Azealia Banks (This is actually x2 because I have both the original and the version they used at the beginning of Pitch Perfect...cause that is Acca-awesome)
  4. Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO (fell in love with it during Madonna's Super Bowl)
  5. Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO (but I am using Spanglish version from when Ricky Martin sang it...it's Hot!)
  6. Hot Girls In Good Moods by Butch Walker (Rob Thomas of Veronica Mars fame posted it as his jam one day and it clicked with me)
  7. Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars (Closest anyone is going to get to capturing the genius of the Police)
  8. Remix (I like the) by New Kids on The Block (Their new stuff is actually pretty good and sounds current)
  9. Home by Edward Sharpe & the Magentic Zeros (Pure California fun)
  10. Get Up Get On Down (Tonight) by Turbo Fruits (discovered them in the movie Whip It)
  11. I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift (Great song to listen to when digging into last reserves)
  12. 22 by Taylor Swift (Total guilty pleasure)
  13. High Times by Landon Pigg and featuring Turbo Fruits (Another song from the uber fun Whip It soundtrack, seriously one of my fave soundtracks of all time)
  14. Clarity by Zedd (but I have the Michelle Chamuel version from the Voice.  Go Team Usher!!)
  15. One More Night by Maroon 5 (one of the best beats for setting your pace)
  16. Payphone by Maroon 5 (I just kinda love them)
  17. Run (I'm a Natural Disaster) by Gnarls Barkley (Slightly retro sounding tune that makes for a fun run)
  18. Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (Fun)
  19. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody by Fergie, Q-Tip,& Goon Rock (This and the next three are from the Great Gatsby Soundtrack which did a great job mashing current music with the 1920's music together)
  20. Bang Bang by Will.I.Am (just love the Bang Bang's)
  21. Crazy in Love by Emeli Sandé & Brian Setzer Orchestra (yes, this is the Beyoncé song)
  22. Where the Wind Blows by Coco O. (I end up singing this to myself a lot)
  23. Gangnam Style by Psy (but once again using the Glee Version)
  24. Twisted by Usher (fell in love with it when he performed it on the Voice)
  25. I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas (this went on after I heard the Durham Ukulele Orchestra do a bluegrass version of it. If you are in the Triangle area [NC] you have to check them out)
I'll post some of my other playlists later, but until then enjoy the day!  I gotta run (like literally I have to go out jogging now, just as soon as I put my shoes on)

No comments: