Thursday, June 26, 2008

That wasn't so bad

Yeah, I'm totally lying. That was great.

Yesterday I went to weigh in. Now I had been expected to have held steady, lost no weight. Maybe if I was lucky I would have lost maybe a pound, which would negate the pound that I lost the previous week.

You can imagine my disbelief when my weight came up as 288 - meaning that I had lost 4 pounds this last week.

Can I get a woot woot!

That means that altogether I have now lost 22 net pounds. 9 more pounds and I reach the 10% mark - which means that I can reward myself by replacing my ipod.

To celebrate - I got home and I made myself some fruit soup. Fruit soup was one of my favorite summer time treats my mom made when I was little. Of course I ended up getting tired so I haven't yet done some of the final steps - but those can wait for tonight. Anyways - if you would like to make fruit soup, here is how you can do it. (It looks like there are a lot of steps - but it really is seriously easy)

Emily's Favorite Summer Time Fruit Soup

1 lb. fresh cherries - pitted
1 lb. peaches
1 lb. plums
1 lb. nectarines or apricots (which ever floats your boat the most)
11 cups water
1 to 1.5 cups Splenda
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
10-12 whole cloves

Step 1: Clean and halve all the fruit, remembering to remove all pits and stems. Put in large pot

Step 2: Cover fruit with the water and drop in cloves

Step 3: Bring the pot to a boil (Cover optional - The smell when it is boiling is HEAVENLY) Let boil for about 5 minutes.

Step 4: Take pot off heat. Pour in sugar and lemon juice and stir. Let sit off heat for about half hour - 45 minutes (I suggest you watch some tv or do some house cleaning while waiting)

Step 5: Using a slotted spoon, scoop up the big fruit, cut into smaller, bitesize pieces, and then drop back into pot. If you have mesh strainer, you might want to use this to strain out the whole cloves.

Step 6: Take half the mixture and puree in blender (this may need to be done in two or more batches - depending on the size and strength of your blender). Pour pureed fruit mixture back into pot. If you find the whole cloves - try to take them out before they get pureed.

Step 7: Stir it all together!!

Step 8: Chill in fridge.

Step 9: When cold, you can serve. A serving will be about a cup to a cup and a half. You can eat it as is, or my mom always poured in a dash of half and half or a dollop of cool whip. As a person on WW - I would recommend if you want to do this - you use fat free half and half, cool whip free, or even unsweetend vanilla almond milk. ENJOY

1 comment:

Kate/Susan said...

Congrats! I lost 4.6 this week too! :-) Must be a good week for WW Virginians...

I'm going to try that soup soon, it sounds awesome!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.