Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Writing it Down

I have not been a good weight watcher this last year. For numerous reasons. Now I in no means saying that I am striving for perfection. While admirable, I think I am one of those people who set out for perfection and then realize that I've goofed up and can't acheived it - I give up. So I have to retrain my brain and say that I will do what I can and to celebrate that those things have gotten done.

Anyways - back to me not following Weight Watchers. One of the hardest things I find is trying to record everything. Each week at weigh in they give you these small little paper trackers that don't really have a lot of room in them to record anything if you have hand writing bigger than a chipmunk (which most of us have). I've tried doing it online too - and that can be frustrating because they may not have what I want to necessarily want to write down. So I was at the grocery store the other day - going past the school supplies when I spotted the composition books. Now I never really liked studying per se, but I looooooove composition books. I love their solid covers with the crazy black and white designs that you can then color and make your own. I love the black binding tape. And I love the fact that there are no holes in the margin so you can use the whole page, if you want. And best of all - I feel free to write as much or as little as I want in them.

So I bought one - In this case, the cover was already red and black. And I am now chronicling all my eating in there. And what makes it doubly fantastic is that because I have as much room as I want to write in it - I can write down why I think I am eating - what I am feeling when I'm eating. It's like blogging in many ways. And since I can put whatever I want, today I started activity in it too. I think the other great thing about it is that since it doesn't have specific food guidelines in it - I don't feel ashamed when I write down something I ate that isn't particularly good for me.

So yay for the new food journal.

No comments: