Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm apparently bringing the sexy back

According to Urbandictionary.com - Emily is a slang term for a highly attractive and sexually intriguing individual OR The most beautiful person in the world. Often referred to as a Goddess. Has eyes that one can easily get lost in. A great friend that cares about people and makes the world a better place. Easy to love too.  (Thanks to Captain Brenda for looking this up for me since urbandictionary is blocked at work). 

I think I may need to make a plaque or something with this - because reading it makes me feel good about myself.

This is really good because yesterday was the first day of this year that I came home and called my mom and said, "I don't know if I can keep all this goodness up."

You see - yesterday I had a crap day at work.  On top of that, I had to deal with a headache and sinus pressure all day - making me think that I may be getting sick (quite possibly an ear infection that I caught from the kiddos next door).  And I wasn't really hungry for anything in particular - I just hungry. So I ate, and I ate, and I ate.  I went through close to all of my weekly points last night. 

While I might be able to save this week (although I probably won't be going to my meeting if we are supposed to be getting as much snow this weekend as they are predicting), it bugs me that I let my emotions take control of my eating last night.  This morning I did try to make up for my gluttony by shoveling out my car first thing (although it may not count because I was planning on driving to work anyways and that requires me shoveling out the car.)

But back to Urbandictionary - while not everything in that definition may not necessarily be true, I think it does actually capture some of my good traits (like great friend, easy to love, makes the world a better place) that I sometimes overlook.  I need to remember these things on the days that get me down.  Maybe if I do that, I won't need food to make me feel better.

No comments: