Monday, February 1, 2010

Managing Expectations

I must thank Mother Nature for holding off her snow storm until after my Weight Watcher's meeting had started.  I was able to weigh in and go to my meeting.  I lost another 2 pounds this week for a total of 10.4 pounds loss.  I am now less than 5 pounds away from my 5% goal.  Back when I did WW before - they didn't have the 5% goal - just a 10% goal.  That was frustrating because the weight was falling off in these bitty increments and no matter how much I lost - I just never hit 10%.  This is I call the magic number goal because its at this goal that you get together with your leader and you decide what you want your ultimate weight loss goal to be.  It made me sad not to reach it before - but I know that I am going to do it this time.

One of the things I have been worried about this time around is my rate of weight loss.  It feels like it is coming off really quickly.  If I remember correctly - it almost took me 3 months to take 10 pounds off before.  It came off in these .10 and .50 pounds increments.  Now its coming off in about 1.5 and 2 pounds.  I have a feeling that at some point its going to slow down again.  I need to be careful to not set my expectations to losing 2 pounds every week so that when it does slow - I won't feel frustrated and give up.

It definitely helps having this blog and knowing that my friends are reading it.  You guys provide a lot of encouragement.  So I want to say a big "Thank You!  You Guys Are Rockstars!!!"  Without you, this journey wouldn't be possible. 

The only favor I ask of you guys though is that when things do get a little slow and I get frustrated - give me a virtual bitch slap and remind me that I expected it and that I can work through it.  I would really appreciate that.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Way to go Emily! You should be extremely proud of yourself!!