Thursday, April 10, 2008

Actually Surprised

So yesterday was my WW weigh in and I actually managed to surprise myself. Despite my lack of sleep, questionable food choices, not logging in what I eat, and a whole slew of WW sins I committed last week - I managed to lose 1.8 pounds. This means I have lost a total of 9.6 pounds from when I started (woo hoo - only .4 pounds away from the 10 pound mark) andI am no 1.2 pounds away from saying goodbye to the 300's.

Getting below the 300 mark will be exciting for me. The last time I was there was after my first boyfriend broke up with me in 2002/2003. My friend Stacey then got me to join the gym at work a little before he broke up with me and I had been going there for a while. At that point I weighed something like 275. Anyways - after we broke up, I kinda threw myself into working out and actually got below the 250's (how exciting). Then I lost my job (qual tragedy). This also meant that I lost my gym. I think I was more upset about losing that gym than I was over the job. I eventually did get rehired by my company after a week or too, but I was put at a different location. It made it harder to go to the gym and join my friends. So instead of bucking up and being Ms. Independent - I quit going. Obviously that didn't work since I ended up gaining something like 60 pounds or something like that. So I will be very excited when I finally pass that 10 pound mark as well as that 300 pound mark.

Next week will also mark my 16th week on WW. 16 seems like such a small number, although really its 4 months. It could also be because this has probably been some of the toughest 4 months of my life. But it's been totally worth it.

Yesterday in my email I got an ad for a 5K race in Baltimore. I am not really a runner, although I think I could get into it. I've always been a little frightened of running because I was afraid it would set off my asthma. Of course, my asthma gets better as I lose weight. My ex boyfriend was a runner (this is the evil ex boyfriend, not the boyfriend that I actually miss) and he never really encouraged me to join him, but while we were dating and I was going to the gym (see above) I began to build up my running capabilities on the treadmill. Anyways, I would obviously have to start over from scratch, but I think I could train to do this. I may not run my entire first 5K, but I can definitely do a combo walk/run. That 5K will be on June 14th and benefits the American Red Cross. If you would like to join me, please visit http://images.membersforlife.org/rccm/lp.php?pg=1207679639&ooc=07e5127aa866171b9d633380a5545172-1262

No comments: