Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cupcake Crisis

I've been trying to post after work, but something just happened that I had to write about.

I went to a New Years party on Friday and made these delicious cupcakes. And unfortunatley I had to make a double batch because I accidently bought the jumbo sized cupcake liners so the first batch only made 9 cupcakes - and you can't just bring 9 cupcakes to a party - you need to bring at least a dozen. Anyways -being that they are jumbo sized - I could only fit 12 with me - so I was left with the last 9. Here's my thinking - I can bring a couple to work and split them with the girls (who LOVE cupcakes, especially chocolate cupcakes rest of the year). I don't even want them to eat a whole cupcake - a quarter would be great.

Nobody is biting. And that is driving me CRAZY. I know - I should be understanding. But I have issues with people saying, "I ain't going to be eating no more sugar rest of the year because I was so bad this holiday." Meanwhile they are chugging starbuck lattes and eating regular sized candy canes like no tomorrow. Anyways - I finally cracked and said something snarky about the candy canes to a co-worker. I'm thinking we won't be eating lunch again for a while.

I get it - I really do. I probably would do the same thing. Actually, what I would do is say, "Maybe later." and then just conveniently not come by. Because I don't want to offend their feelings by not trying their creation. But maybe its because for me - cooking is so personal and I want people to love everything I make. So I'm taking it personally that they would rather eat a candy cane or starbucks and claim that they aren't eating any more sugar when in fact they are.

I at least am laying it out front. I'm eating my cupcakes, just in small doses. Very small doses. Problem is - its going to take a lot of little small doses to get rid of all these cupcakes. And since they are my creations that I poured lots of love into (I even cried when I wasn't sure if they were going to come out right because of their jumboness) - I can't just throw them away. My cupcakes are big and I'm big - and rejecting them because of their jumboness is like the people who look right through me because of my bigness. Oy.

Anybody want to help me, preferribly by eating cupcakes.

No comments: