Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It almost didn't happen

Last night was Day 25 of what I am now dubbig Project Shiny sink. It was the 25th day to get all my dishes done before going to bed. And it was a toughy, because for dinner I made Pioneer Woman's Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Pasta, which possibly dirties every major appliance in my kitchen. You wouldn't think so considering that it only has something like 8 ingredients, but it feels like it does.

By the time I finished making dinner, it was almost 8:30. I was going to sit down and watch Chuck while eating, only to find out that an earlier power outage had turned off my cable box - thus I was recording a blank screen instead of my beloved Chuck (thank goodness my friend/landlord was recording it too so I could transfer a copy from her tivo onto mine). It took me like half an hour to figure out the tv thing (first reboot left nothing but the homeshopping network on). By the time I got everything fixed and ate my dinner - it was 11 o'clock. I was exhausted, and I had my dishes piled in my sink.

I so did not want to do them. I seriously contemplated leaving them for today. But something in my brain told me that I would be stopping my momentum if I stopped today. So reluctantly I did them - and got them done in about 20 minutes. I left them in the rack to dry while finishing up rest of my evening routine. As I was throwing soemthing in my bag for breakfast today - I realized that I had left the tupperware I had used for lunch. So I went back to my sink - unloaded that and cleaned those. It's like a quarter till midnight at this point. I went and finished an email and then came back to finish drying and put away my dishes.

When all was said and done - it was 12:10 when I had finished everything. I was exhausted to the point where I could have slept standing up. But my sink was clean and clear, my lunch was prepped, and I have enough food/leftovers in my fridge to last me rest of this week. This means I won't have to really cook until this weekend - and I'm set on both Saturday and Sunday to be cooking at other peoples' houses. So hopefully no more big dish washign missions this week. For rest of this week - I can concentrate on clearing away rest of the stuff that is in my living area (which is almost done) and maybe start wii'ing again.

This is a great feeling - and one I wouldn't have had if I had left my dishes in my sink last night.

No comments: